· Paint the home's exterior, including trim, doors and shutters.
· Check front door, doorbell, address number and welcome mat.
· Power wash the siding and windows.
· Inspect the roof and gutters.
· Repair cracks in the driveway and sidewalks.
· Sweep the entryway and walkways.
· Mow, water and fertilize the lawn.
· Trim shrubs and trees and rake the leaves.
· Plant colorful flowers and shrubs.
· Store any toys or equipment lying on the yard.
· Clean up pet droppings.
· Install higher wattage incandescent light bulbs to brighten rooms.
· Open windows to let in fresh air.
· Open curtains or blinds to let in natural light and show off views.
· Turn off TVs.
· Relocate pets on the day of showings.
· Refrain from smoking in the home.
· Pull back drapes to showcase nice views.
· Stage the front porch or deck with furniture and potted plants.
· Make sure fireplaces are in working condition.
· Clean the backyard and pool area.